Within a minute of yesterday’s earthquake, there were 40,000 earthquake related tweets including one from Fred Wilson which is how I learned about it. Here are some of my favorites:
1. There was just a 5.8 earthquake in Washington. Obama wanted it to be 3.4 but Republicans wanted 5.8, so he compromised @thetweetofgod
2. I thought the world was ending so I _________in the office. Does anyone know companies that are hiring?
3. West Coast Friends: Come on guys…it was only a 5.8.
4. East Coast Friends: Let me see you deal with a single 2 foot snow storm and then we’ll talk.
5. Kim Kardashian: Kris that was wonderful; Kris: huh?
6. @ModeledBehavior: “More and more scientists are questioning whether that was a real quake. It is a theory that’s out there.” (the tea party?)
7. New York earthquakes are better because of our thinner crust.
9. Carole King asks Qaddafi, ‘do you feel the ‘earth move under your feet’?
10. Did my partner Dennis have Mexican food again last night? #earthquake